Getting Started Guide
Before you start setting up your Appointment Calendar we recommend you watch the Video Demo tours from the “Customer’s View” and the “Administrators View”. These videos are intended to give you an introduction to using Appointment.com’s functionality.
- Please see the “Setup Guide for Appointments and Events/Workshops” (PDF file) for a fast approach to setting up your Appointment Calendar.
For a more in-depth approach please watch the videos listed below.
These videos will explain each of the fields for the different Admin’s within the calendar. It is helpful to have the video open in one browser window and your calendar in another, so you can pause the video to make a changes.
- Vendor Admin Video (3 min) Basic features and settings for your Appointment Calendar
- Agent Admin Video (4 min 55 sec) Give your staff and agents different access levels to your calendar.
- Initial Schedule Admin Video (1 min 55 sec) Setting up Schedules for your staff/resources
- Station Admin Setup Video (2 min 21 sec) This is an optional feature that is used if a service is associated with a room/station or resource. For example, 30 minute massages can be done in Rooms “A” or “B” but hot rock massages can only be done in Room “B”. If enabled, this feature will check the availability of the assigned resource (station/room) before booking an appointment.
- Package Admin Setup Video (2 min 35 sec) This is an optional feature that is used if you want to offer a combination of services at a special price with one or more schedules. For example, a 30 min massage with the Massage Therapist followed by a 30 min facial with the Esthetician. This feature can also be used to book multiple services at the same time with more than one schedule. This could, for example, let you offer a “Couples Massage”.
Create one-time or re-ocurring events/workshops which allow multiple bookings in the same time slot.
- Event Admin Video (4 min 19 sec) Setup or modify Events/Workshops.
Create multiple headings in your calendar, such as “Location”, “Department” or “Specialty”, to categorize your schedules and for limiting agent access to only one “Location”.
- One Location Video (default) View this video if you only have one location/department.
- Multiple Locations/Departments or Categories Video View this video if you have multiple locations/departments or need to categorize your schedules under specific headings to better organize your calendar.
Standing Reservations/Recurring appointments
- How to book a Standing Reservation (1 min 54 sec)
- How to change a Standing Reservation ( 1 min 19 sec)
View and add clients to a waitlist and/or allow clients to add themselves.
- How to add a customer to Waitlist (1 min 48 sec)
Create, sell, send, redeem and track your gift certificates through the calendar.
- Gift Certificate Setup Video (4 min 5 sec) Create and edit your Gift Certificates.
- How to purchase Gift Certificates (1 min 5 sec) Customer View
- How to purchase Gift Certificates and use reports (2 min 36 sec) Admin View
- How to redeem a Gift Certificate (1 min 6 sec)
This is an optional function that allows you to bundle your services into a credit package which will be used and tracked in the calendar. For example, you can offer a package of ten 1 hr Massages for the price of nine.
- Buy Credits Setup Video (2 min 57 sec)
- How to purchase a “Buy Credit” (1 min 21 sec) Customer View
- How to redeem a Credit (1 min 3 sec)
- Buy Credit Admin and Reports Video (1 min 44 sec)
- How to setup and use the Shopping Cart (1 min 42 sec)
- PayPal Gateway Setup
- Intuit Payment Gateway Setup
- E-mail Confirmations and Notifications (pdf)
- How to create direct links to Locations, Schedules, Events Gift Certificates and shopping cart
- To import customers, Click here to download csv file displaying available headings