Once you are using a credit card transaction gateway, you need to do the following procedures in order to make a booking “Active” or confirmed.
Here is what happens with a booking when a Credit Card Gateway is activated.
Once your customer is booking an appointment or event, the booking gets taken off the inventory and is a unconfirmed or pending booking. By default it will stay as a unconfirmed or pending booking for 1 day.
If no payment confirmation is received the booking will be cancelled.
If “Vendor” or the credit card gateway confirms payment, this unconfirmed or pending booking will turn into a active booking.
This is why you need to enter some information about Appointment.com into your gateway software.
1. Pay Pal Activation
- Log in at www.PayPal.com with your settings.Click on “Profile “and “My Selling Preferences” on the left
Click on Update next to “Instant Payment Notifications”
- Check the box to enable Instant Payment Notification
- Enter the following URL:https://www.appointment.com/paypal/ipn/booking_ipn.php
- Enable – Receive IPN messages
- Click Save
2. Appointment.com Activation
- Go to “Vendor Admin”Select “Be processed by PayPal” at “Credit Card Information will:”
- enter your e-mail address in the “PayPal E-mail address” field.
NOTE: use the original PayPal e-mail address and not a sub-account e-mail address.
Click “Update” on the bottom of page.
NOTE: If you have any pre-existing schedule (s) it is not needed to change the payment status in Vendor Admin. You need to change it in the already set up “Schedule (s)”.